Learn to Skate
Learn how to skate during Florida Hospital Center Ice's group lessons - A great way to learn to skate!
Learn To Skate
BENEFITS OF SKATING CLASSES:
- Entertaining & fun!
- Great form of exercise
- Meet new friends who share an interest
- Build self-confidence and sportsmanship
- Be part of a blossoming skating community that welcomes newcomers
Learn a Skill You'll Have for Life
Florida Hospital Center Ice is proud to administer Learn to Skate USA. Our professional instructors will provide a fun and safe environment for individuals of all ages and levels to learn to skate. Whether your goal is to be a hockey player, figure skater or recreational skater, our program has classes to fit your needs.
For our advanced skaters, clinics will be available for Synchronized Skating Teams and Theatre on Ice Teams. Training for skaters expands off the ice, our figure skating program will include dance classes and conditioning classes. Information on these programs will be detailed in the coming months.
Learn to Skate General Information
Welcome to Florida Hospital Center Ice Learn to Skate USA
Our program offers group skating lessons from ages 3 to adult.
- Cost of 7 weeks of lessons is $140.00
- Classes are 30 minutes in length
- Class size is limited to 12 students
- Skate Rental is included during the lessons
- 7 week lessons include public practice passes equal to the number of lessons you purchased (expire on the last day of series).
Arrival time for class:
Students should arrive at least 15 minutes before class to get their skates on and prepare for class.
What to wear on the ice:
Students should wear a jacket, gloves, and warm clothes that do not restrict their movement. Helmets are always recommended, especially for ages six and under.
**NOTE: Florida Hospital Center Ice DOES NOT provide or rent helmets, jackets, gloves, or socks.**
Where to go when you get to Florida Hospital Center Ice:
If you have already registered for class, go straight to ‘skate rental,’ get your skates, and put them on- you do not have to check in at the front desk. Once you have your skates on, go to the designated rink to get your lane assignments.
Inclement weather/Class cancellation policy
Cancellation information will be posted 2 hours before the Learn to Skate Lessons begin.
Go to the ‘Learn to Skate’ page of our web site for cancellation announcements.
- There are no make-up classes.
- Refunds are ONLY given for the following situations and are strictly enforced:
- Notification of withdrawal from class two weeks prior to the first lesson.
- Student medical emergency with copy of physician’s verification provided.
**All requests must be submitted via E-mail to the Skating Program Executive Director**